We talked about sales development with Kasia Gryzlo, the CEO of HearMe/Emplomind. This is a company devoted to the mental healthcare of employees.
1. How would you describe your company in an elevator pitch?
HearMe’s/Emplomind’s mission is to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health and to ensure that no one has that Sunday night stomach ache when thinking about work. We do this through education, workshops, and on-demand support. Our on-demand support matches employees with Counselors and Coaches depending on their specific needs. They are then able to engage in 1-1 support through video, chat and audio sessions – in a fully anonymous and safe way. According to WHO, 1 in 4 employees needs mental health support right now. We want to help employers to choose relevant and effective tools to support the wellbeing of their people.
2. What are you the best at?
Through our Team of experienced Counselors, Therapist and Coaches with a business background we are able to help organisations train their leaders and managers to better support and communicate with their people, helping them with areas such as spotting the signs of mental health struggles, right through to improved communication skills.
We are also proud of our Product: an app matching employees with therapists for 1:1 sessions. In order to develop its features we conducted research to understand what matters to people who use such tools. We found out that two of the most important factors are anonymity and data security. So we built our own app to help people in a truly anonymous & safe way.
You don’t need a work e-mail to create an account, and instead of your name & surname we ask you to use an alias (one of our favourites is FunkyAlpaka). All information stays between the employee and the therapist/coach. Employers receive a report with the total usage of HearMe/Emplomind but without any personal data. Moreover, the app is encrypted end to end!
3. What customer acquisition strategy did you use to find your first customers?
We leveraged the power of our network – so our friends became our first clients and they are still using our services!
4. What are your customers saying about your product?
They have a lot to say, so take a look to a few testimonials from our clients who decided to take care of their employees’ wellbeing with HearMe/Emplomind:
- We are very happy with HearMe/Emplomind. Their therapy service is anonymous, which encourages our employees to use it, and they strongly appreciate this new benefit, praising the HearMe/Emplomind specialists’ for their initiative and professionalism.
- HearMe/Emplomind is a perfect fit for our company values. They take good care of our employees’ wellbeing and they respond to their ideas and needs. The reports we receive from them regularly provide a barometer for our employees’ morale.
- We recommend HearMe/Emplomind as a reliable, flexible and responsive business partner. Their customer service is excellent and proactive.
- We are looking forward to a continued partnership with HearMe/Emplomind, as they allow us to discover our employees’ potential and to offer them truly valuable benefits with measurable effects.
- We are happy with this partnership. HearMe/Emplomind puts a strong emphasis on relations, which we can feel and appreciate. Whenever we communicate our needs, HearMe/Emplomind is quick to respond with a solution offer tailored to our company.
- We would recommend HearMe/Emplomind to any company which wants to take care of their employees’ wellbeing but also appreciates reliable business partners, high quality of service, and a genuine belief in the mission they serve.
5. What are your proud achievements so far?
Here are some numbers which make us proud and show that the chosen path was the right direction:
- The average adaptation rate of our tool within organisations is around 20%
- 49% of employees use the psychologist support for the first time in their life in HearMe/Emplomind app 43% of HearMe/Emplomind users are male
- 97% of users would recommend HearMe/Emplomind to their friend
- From a business perspective, we reached 60+ B2B customers in Poland, and started a global roll-out of our services with our first Clients across Europe (UK & Netherlands), which resulted in the massive growth of the company’s in terms of revenue: +841% comparing April YTD 2021 vs 2022!
6. What is the next big thing in your industry?
Moving from ad-hoc activities into a holistic approach based on internal pulse checks & audits to focus on the right set of mental health tools that will work best for challenges the organization is facing at any given moment. Furthermore, a focus on a well-being strategy plan with prevention at its heart.
7. What are your plans for next 6-12 months?
Further boost the global expansion of our services, including presence in Web 3.0 to provide mental health support in the most accessible and safe way.
If you want your story about sales development featured please get in touch with Marcia Osundwa here.